Want to escape the city heat and crowds this summer? There’s no better place to escape the hustle and bustle of New York City and other major east coast metropolitan areas than by spending some time with us in Upstate New York. There are so many great things to do in the Adirondacks, too – and plenty of relaxation.
There’s a reason the Adirondacks are such a popular getaway destination in Upstate New York. Yes, there are indeed plenty of things to do in the Adirondacks, but it’s also incredibly serene and beautiful here. Whether you’re looking to spend some relaxing time on the water or you want to get up in the mountains for hiking, biking, and more, you’ll find there’s more adventure than you have time for up here.
The adventures are big and exhilarating, but there’s plenty of opportunity for downtime, too. In fact, some people do nothing but unplug and relax at our upscale hotel, located near the quiet beauty of Friends Lake. Our hotel is a great place to relax, reconnect, and let your worries float away in the summer breezes. We’re surrounded by private nature trails and are the only boutique hotel in the area offering a comprehensive experience in the beautiful Adirondacks.
We offer a range of comfortable guest rooms, abundant access to nature, one of the best restaurants in the area right here on-site, and exceptional service and hospitality. With all the amazing things to do in the Adirondacks at your disposal and a fabulous place to relax while you enjoy it all, what are you waiting for? Book your room at our Upscale hotel in the Adirondacks today!
Best Things to do in the Adirondacks This Summer
With so many great things to do in the Adirondacks near our hotel, it’s no wonder it’s become such a popular getaway for couples heading to Upstate New York. The adventurous spirit of the Adirondacks has long been defined by William H. Murphy’s book Adventures in the Wilderness and Camp-Life in the Adirondacks. This adventurous spirit still remains here in Upstate New York, but it’s also taken root as one of the leading getaways for busy couples looking to escape the fast pace of life in the city.
Whether you want to stay in watching Netflix, reading a great new book, finding your flow in our new Flow Tranquility Room, or whether you’re looking for big adventures and lots of fun, we’re here to help! There are so many great things to do in the Adirondacks. From cooling off and playing in/on the water to working up a sweat on the tallest peaks in the area, you won’t run out of fun things to do in the Adirondacks this summer. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Hiking is one of the top-rated things to do in the Adirondacks for a reason. Views from the mountain peaks are unbelievably beautiful. Here are a few recommended hikes in the Adirondacks, which are excellent in both summer and fall!
- Head to nearby Gore Mountain Ski Resort. It’s not just for skiing – there are also plenty of fantastic things to do during the summer!
- If you’re really up for an adventure, one of the best things to do in the Adirondacks is go whitewater rafting. Try a guided trip with Adirondack Adventure Center. They also offer other activities like tubing and ziplining.
- For something just as fun but a bit less adventure-packed, head to Revolution Rail for a unique and relatively easy experience. It’s one of the more amazing things to do in the Adirondacks and will take you on an unforgettable journey through some beautiful scenery.
- Visit Natural Stone Bridge & Caves, home to the largest natural marble cave entrance in the northeast. Highlights include old Sawmill Site Waterfalls, Artists’ Gorge, various potholes, and several caves and hiking trails.
- Take a scenic drive through the area. It’s beautiful any time of year but particularly magical once fall foliage starts this fall!
- Chasing waterfalls is one of the most magical things to do in the Adirondacks. Read about some of our favorite waterfalls in the Adirondacks.
- If you’re not up for a strenuous hike but still want to spend some therapeutic time among the trees, take a walk on the beautiful private nature trails surrounding our hotel.
- Dine on the delicious flavors of the Adirondacks at our hotel restaurant. We’ve recently welcomed a new head chef to our restaurant, who is producing an exceptional menu of farm-to-table goodness that you simply have to try.
- Roast marshmallows and make s’mores for some relaxing, old-fashioned fun at our beautiful firepit. It’s a great way to wind down at the end of the day and one of our favorite things to do in the Adirondacks!
Best Place to Stay in the Adirondacks
Even with so many great things to do in the Adirondacks, there’s still nothing better than staying at Friends Lake Inn. We’re the only boutique hotel in the area offering a comprehensive Adirondacks experience – which means comfortable accommodations, upscale farm-to-table dining, and private access to nature trails (plus beautiful gardens, ponds, and more).
A quiet, restful retreat is waiting for you. What are you waiting for? Book your room at our stunning boutique hotel in Upstate New York Today!