When you need to get away from stressful and hectic everyday schedules, there’s nothing that beats cozy weekend getaways in Upstate New York. If you’re looking for someplace to escape for that much-needed R&R, there’s nothing better than our Upstate New York hotel. Friends Lake Inn has been considered one of the best weekend getaways in Upstate New York for decades, with couples returning year after year for the peace and tranquility of the Adirondacks.
Though winter is an exceedingly romantic and cozy time of year to plan weekend getaways to Upstate New York, it’s a spectacular four-season destination. Whenever you decide to visit, there’s little reason to leave the cozy confines of our hotel. If you’re up for a bit of adventure, though, you’re not too far from the best of the Adirondacks, including places like Lake George and Gore Mountain. We also offer a network of private trails just outside our door for those days when you want to get outside but don’t want to venture far.
There truly is no better place for weekend getaways in Upstate New York. Book your room at our upscale hotel today!
Cozy Weekend Getaways in Upstate New York
When it comes to weekend getaways in Upstate New York, you’d be hard-pressed to find lodging that is as peaceful, elegant, and nature-focused as Friends Lake Inn. Our upstate New York hotel truly does have everything you need for a memorable weekend escape. As soon as you leave the city and head north towards the Adirondacks, you’ll feel your stress ease while the gentle beckoning of Mother Nature grows.
Our Upstate New Yor hotel is reflective of the stunning natural beauty of the Adirondacks. Each of our guest rooms is decorated in a way to bring the rustic feel of outside in, and we offer unprecedented private access to nature trails for those moments when you need a deep breath of fresh mountain air. No wonder it’s such a great place for weekend getaways in Upstate New York!
The Adirondacks are an exciting four-season destination. We’re located just a short drive from the bustling town of Lake George and not too far from Gore Mountain Ski Resort. In other words, we’re well-situated to enjoy all of the best things to do in the Adirondacks, no matter the season in which you visit.
When you’re done for the day and ready to eat, join us at the Birch Bistro or our main Adirondacks Dining Room, where you’ll enjoy an exquisite farm-to-table meal. Our onsite dining makes it easy for you to enjoy your weekend getaways in Upstate New York without the hassle of having to decide where to eat or how to get there. It doesn’t get much easier – or more delicious – than this!
Our Favorite Things to do in Upstate New York
While there’s little reason to leave our cozy hotel, there’s plenty to keep you busy on your weekend getaways to Upstate New York – if you want to be active, that is. There are many wonderful things to do in Upstate New York, no matter the season you visit.
Winter is magical, with gorgeous natural beauty waiting at every turn in this snow-covered winter wonderland. We’re located just 20 minutes from Gore Mountain Ski Resort, which means it’s easy for you to get outside and enjoy some adventure, followed by a cozy respite curled up in front of the fireplaces in our guest rooms. Here are a few other fun things to do in Upstate New York this winter:
- Navigate your way through the winter wonderland on a snowmobile tour with C+C Adirondack Snowmobiling Tours.
- Spend an afternoon snowshoeing or cross country skiing through the pristine forests up here in Upstate New York. In addition to the private trails at Friends Lake Inn, snowshoeing is available at Oak Mountain, Dynamite Hill Recreation Center and Nature Trail, and Crandall Park, among other places.
- Crandall Park has a pond that freezes over every winter and offers a picturesque place to enjoy this quintessential ice skating, but you can also hit the ice at Dynamite Hill Recreation Area, Lake George, and Gurney Lane Recreation Area.
- Take a romantic sleigh ride at Circle B Ranch.
- Head over to Thunder Mountain Dog Sled Tours or Mike Arnold Sled Rides for a winter adventure you won’t soon forget.
Winter isn’t the only great season to enjoy cozy weekend getaways in Upstate New York. As we mentioned earlier, the Adirondacks are a thrillingly beautiful four-season destination. Here are just a few of our favorite things to do nearby throughout the rest of the year:
- Take a boat cruise on Lake George itself aboard a historic steamboat.
- Go rail riding with Revolution Rail – it’s a unique and relatively easy journey, and it takes you through some of the best scenery in the Adirondacks.
- Take a Skyride at Gore Mountain! There’s also plenty of hiking and mountain biking trails to enjoy here.
- Try some whitewater rafting with Adirondack Adventures.
- Visit Natural Stone Bridge & Caves, home to the largest natural marble cave entrance in the northeast.
- Take a scenic drive through the area. It’s beautiful any time of year, but particularly magical once fall foliage starts this fall!
- Head to the Adirondack Adventure Center for some tubing, zip-lining, and more.
- Head across the street and kayak on the quiet, calm waters of Friends Lake! It’s much more peaceful than the busier Lake George and a quintessential Adirondacks Experience.
As you can see, there are many ways to enjoy weekend getaways in Upstate New York. No matter what it is, you want to do while here, though, the best getaways include accommodations at Friends Lake Inn. We’re rated as one of the best weekend getaways in Upstate New York for a reason! Book your room at Friends Lake Inn today.