With an upscale, relaxed vibe, exquisite dining, and unprecedented access to the Adirondacks, Friends Lake Inn is the ultimate place to spend some time this fall. Whether you choose to lounge around the Inn all weekend or get outside for some of the best fall hikes in Adirondack Park, we know you’ll enjoy every second of your time spent on your Upstate New York getaway.
As great as fall hikes in Adirondack Park are, they are nothing compared with the comfortable accommodations at Friends Lake Inn. We’re the #1-rated getaway destination in Upstate New York, and with unmatched dedication to hospitality and exquisite farm-to-table dining onsite, it’s truly no wonder why. Put simply, no other lodging property in the Adirondacks offers what we do. Book a room at our hotel in Upstate New York today!
10 Stunning Fall Hikes in Adirondack Park
When it comes to fall hikes in Adirondack Park, there are endless options. Depending on how far you want to hike and how far you want to drive to get there, we’re happy to help you enjoy the best of this colorful season out on the trails.
The Adirondacks actually boast one of the longest seasons for fall foliage in the country. The mountains begin their colorful transformation in September and stick around through October, though the peak season near our hotel tends to be from early-mid October. That means the season for fall hikes in Adirondack Park is long, too! Whatever it is you choose to do, we know you’ll enjoy this time of transition away from the city and surrounded by nature.
We’ve compiled a list of 10 of our favorite fall hikes in Adirondack Park – let us know if we missed one of your favorites!
Less than an hour from Friends Lake Inn
- Roaring Brook Falls is a great fall hike in Adirondack Park if you’re looking for something quick and easy. Though the hike is only around 0.3 miles, you’ll be rewarded with beautiful fall foliage and a gorgeous waterfall, which comes down from Giant Mountain – a popular destination for rock climbers.
- Hike 3.1-miles to the summit of Crane Mountain, and enjoy exquisite views of the Adirondacks below.
- Hadley Mountain is best known for its fire tower lookout, which offers great views of fall foliage. This is one of the more popular fall hikes in Adirondack Park and is rated as moderate at 2.6 miles.
- Enjoy lake and mountain views lit up with fall foliage surrounding you everywhere you turn at Castle Rock. This hike is 2.8-miles long.
- For great views of Lake George and southern Adirondacks, take the trek to Sleeping Beauty Mountain.
- The 10.8-mile journey to Indian Head is more than worth the effort. Not only will you enjoy stunning views of the High Peaks of the Adirondacks, but you’ll get to see Rainbow Falls along the way.
More than an hour from Friends Lake Inn
- Head to the top of Baker Mountain (aka Mount Baker), and enjoy views of the Village of Saranac Lake, the McKenzie Mountain Wilderness Area, and the High Peaks. The trail can be steep in sections and clocks in at around 1.8 miles.
- Whiteface Mountain is the fifth-highest peak in the country and is one of the most beautiful fall hikes in Adirondack Park. You’ll enjoy amazing views of the other high peaks from the top – but it’s going to take some work to get there. It’s an 8-mile hike.
- Heaven Hills is a small trail network located minutes from downtown Lake Placid. It’s relatively easy hiking and offers beautiful views of the High Peaks.
- High Falls on the Chateauguay River is one of the Adirondacks’ hidden gems. The waterfalls cascade for over 120 feet down a deep gorge, which is spectacular in the fall.
Romantic Getaway in Upstate New York
Whether you’re coming to the Adirondacks to enjoy a bit of fall hiking in Adirondack Park, scenic drives through beautiful fall foliage, or are just looking for a cozy place to get away this fall. You can’t beat some time at Friends Lake Inn. In fact, a few days here is the perfect antidote to busy schedules and loud city noise.
We offer a broad range of guest rooms to choose from, all uniquely decorated and outfitted with high-end amenities. We even have a secluded cabin for those more intimate and romantic getaways you crave. What are you waiting for? Don’t miss your chance to enjoy fall in the Adirondacks this year. Book your room at our Upstate New York hotel today!