If you’re looking to see some of the best waterfalls in the Adirondacks, this spring is the perfect time to visit our exceptional Upstate New York hotel. It’s easy to be drawn to the immense power and beauty of waterfalls in the Adirondacks, and the experience is made even better by the lush, dense, and beautiful forests that surround them.
Though they are at their most powerful in spring, waterfalls in the Adirondacks are also a great place to cool off on a hot summer’s day. So whenever you get here, know you’ll have a wonderful inspired-by-nature getaway at your fingertips – especially when you choose to stay in comfort at our Upstate New York hotel.
Friends Lake Inn is the perfect escape, no matter the time of year. We offer guests a casual elegance where you’re free to relax and unwind at your leisure, surrounded by the stunning natural setting you’d expect in the Adirondacks. We offer 18 guest rooms, each one a little different from the next, each of which reflects the beauty of the surrounding area. If you are ready to explore the top waterfalls in the Adirondacks, book your stay at our Upstate New York hotel today!
5 Best Waterfalls in the Adirondacks
Water is an impressive natural force as it falls and meanders through landscapes, shaping the topography as it goes. Chasing waterfalls in the Adirondacks is one of our favorite activities to do – and though it’s possible to see waterfalls in the Adirondacks throughout the year, spring is our favorite time to seek them out. They are at their most powerful in spring!
With lush, forest-lined paths leading to rocky ledges and cascading water, the waterfalls in the Adirondacks provide a destination that is more than worth the journey. It’s possible to stumble upon waterfalls in the Adirondacks without even really trying. Still, if you want to be more intentional about it, we’ve supplied a list of the top waterfalls in the Adirondacks to see this spring.
Waterfalls in the Adirondacks Within an Hour’s Drive
- Beaver Meadow Falls is a beautiful waterfall in the Adirondacks. It cascades 60 feet down a series of step-like rocks.
- Auger Falls is a lovely place to spend an afternoon. The waterfall is situated on the Sacandaga River and pours over large rocks.
- In the Lake George area, you’ll find Shelving Rock Falls, which features a 50-foot cascading waterfall.
- OK Slip Falls is one of the highest waterfalls in the Adirondacks and is one to add to your itinerary.
- Buttermilk Falls is one of the most charming waterfalls in the Adirondacks. The broad falls that cascade down a rock staircase is on the Raquette River near Long Lake.
Waterfalls More than an Hour Away
- High Falls Gorge is home to the most impressive waterfalls in the Adirondacks, and it’s just over an hour from our Upstate New York Hotel. Here, you’ll find four total waterfalls: Rainbow Falls, Climax Falls, Mini Falls, and Main Falls.
- Stag Brook Falls at Whiteface Mountain Ski Center is an excellent option for waterfalls in the Adirondacks. After seeing this one, keep on the trail for even more waterfalls of various sizes.
- Death Brook Falls, also known as Secret Falls, is an impressive 70 feet high.
- Bog River Falls is a stunning two-tiered set of waterfalls in the Adirondacks, and it’s located near Tupper Lake. Here there is a picturesque stone bridge that spans the river.
The Best Place to Stay in Upstate New York
It won’t matter how much or how little you do while you’re visiting the Adirondacks. Get outside and chase some waterfalls in the Adirondacks, take quiet walks on our private nature trails, or relax in the comfort of your guest room at our Upstate New York Hotel. Whatever you do, you’ll find the beauty and serenity of the Adirondacks to be the perfect antidote to your busy lives.
Friends Lake Inn is the best place to stay in Upstate New York, whether you’re here for adventure or a bit of romance. We also offer some of the best dining in the Adirondacks at our on-site restaurant, where you’ll find exquisite fine dining. If you are looking for something on the more casual side, pop into our Birch Bistro for a bite to eat. Breakfast is included with accommodations and is always made to order.
Let our Upstate New York Hotel be your destination for the perfect getaway this spring. Book your room today!