If you’re looking for a fun and romantic getaway in Upstate New York, then it’s time to head to the Adirondacks. There are so many wonderful things to do in the Adirondacks this year, not least of which is to spend a few days at Friends Lake Inn. The Adirondacks have long been a popular getaway destination in Upstate New York, and one visit here is all it will take to see why.
Whether you’re looking to spend some time on the water or you want to get up in the mountains for some hiking or biking this summer, you’ll find a wide variety of things to do in the Adirondacks. There’s something here for everyone, including those who’d like to just relax and unwind in comfort. For those people, there’s our upscale boutique hotel in the Adirondacks.
Friends Lake Inn offers a diverse range of cozy and upscale hotel rooms and is surrounded by its own network of private nature trails. We’re the only boutique hotel in the area offering a comprehensive Adirondacks experience, including on-site dining for breakfast and dinner.
This is a great year to enjoy all of the great things to do in the Adirondacks, including the area’s abundant access to nature. Book your room at our upscale hotel in the Adirondacks today!
The Best Things to do in the Adirondacks
With so many great things to do in the Adirondacks, it’s no wonder it’s become such a popular getaway destination in Upstate New York. The Adirondacks are a fabled land first memorialized in the book Adventures in the Wildnerness and Camp-Life in the Adirondacks, and it’s an area long since romanticized by those seeking a quiet respite in nature. Luckily, these portrayals of the Adirondacks are spot-on. It truly is an unforgettable escape that offers the perfect antidote to the busy chaos that often defines modern life.
Luckily, you can play as hard – or not – as you’d like to while here. There are so many wonderful things to do in the Adirondacks, including playing in and on the water, hiking to breathtaking mountain vistas, biking, and taking in some of the country’s most impressive scenery. Here are just a few of our favorite things to do in the Adirondacks for your next trip to our boutique hotel.
- During the winter, Gore Mountain is a fantastic place to ski, but during the rest of the year, it’s a great place to hike, bike, and enjoy the views. Don’t miss the chance to take a Skyride here!
- Go rail riding with Revolution Rail – it’s a unique and relatively easy journey, and it takes you through some of the best scenery in the Adirondacks.
- If you’re really up for an adventure, whitewater rafting is one of our favorite things to do in the Adirondacks. Try a guided trip with Adirondack Adventures.
- If you want to take in some great views, consider hot air ballooning. It’s a great way to take in the sights and enjoy a peaceful afternoon.
- Visit Natural Stone Bridge & Caves, one of the top-rated things to do in the Adirondacks. Highlights include old Sawmill Site Waterfalls, Artists’ Gorge, various potholes, along with several caves and hiking trails.
- Take a scenic drive through the area. It’s beautiful any time of year, but particularly magical once fall foliage starts this fall!
- Head to the Adirondack Adventure Center for some tubing, zip-lining, and more.
- Chasing waterfalls is one of the most magical things to do in the Adirondacks. Read about some of our favorite waterfalls in the Adirondacks.
- There are more hikes than we can possibly mention, as it’s one of the most popular things to do in the Adirondacks. Here are a few of our favorite nearby Adirondacks hikes to take.
The Best Place to Stay in Upstate New York
Even with so many great things to do in the Adirondacks, there’s still nothing better than staying at Friends Lake Inn, where you’re free to relax and unwind in a way you simply can’t do at home. We’re the only boutique hotel in the area offering a comprehensive Adirondacks experience – which means comfortable accommodations, upscale farm-to-table dining, and private access to nature trails (plus beautiful gardens, ponds, and more.
A quiet, restful retreat is waiting for you, but you’ll need to act fast if you want to enjoy it in 2022. Book your room at our stunning boutique hotel in Upstate New York Today!