Are you longing to escape the hectic, fast-paced life in the city? Look no further than our #1-rated Upstate New York Hotel, located in the beautiful and tranquil Adirondacks region. If you’ve never experienced the pristine wilderness and unparalleled atmosphere of the Adirondacks, this fall is the perfect opportunity.
Our Upstate New York hotel is meant for cozy weekend getaways – and there’s a reason we see couples return year after year to relax and unwind in a way you can only do in this beautiful paradise. You’ll find just as much fall beauty here as in New England, without the busy crowds you’d encounter in popular fall destinations, and you will truly feel a million miles away from all your stress.
Our Upstate New York Hotel is a remarkable four-season destination. There’s something on offer here for everyone. Whether you want to get outside and enjoy a bit of hiking and biking, or perhaps a little skiing in the winter, or whether you’d rather slip on your comfiest PJs and enjoy a good book all weekend, we’d love nothing more than to treat you to a taste of paradise at our Upstate New York hotel.
There truly is no better place for weekend getaways in Upstate New York. Book your room today!
The Perfect Upstate New York Hotel for Fall
Though the Adirondacks truly is a wonderful getaway destination any time of year, it is particularly magical when surrounded by vibrant and fiery fall hues. The spectacular display of fall foliage is simply breathtaking. If you want to enjoy your time in the Adirondacks to their fullest, pair your getaway with a stay at our #1-rated Upstate New York hotel.
There truly is no better place to stay in Upstate New York. Our Upstate New York hotel offers a peaceful, elegant, and nature-focused retreat that is undeniably perfect for couples looking to escape the city for a few days. We have everything you need – and then some! – to enjoy a relaxing weekend away – and you’ll feel the difference the moment you start driving toward our tree-covered paradise.
If there’s one thing our Upstate New York hotel does right, it’s embodying and reflecting the natural surroundings of the Adirondacks. Each of our guest rooms is decorated to bring the rustic feel from the outside in. Not only will you feel the calming presence of Mother Nature behind our walls, but we also offer unprecedented private access to nature trails for those moments when you need a deep breath of fresh mountain air.
We’re located just a short drive from the bustling town of Lake George and not too far from Gore Mountain Ski Resort. When you stay at our Upstate New York hotel, you’re close enough to many of the top attractions in the area but far enough away from the busy population centers to feel as though you’re a whole world apart. This peaceful tranquility is one of the many reasons our Upstate New York Hotel is rated as one of the best weekend getaways in Upstate New York.
If that’s not enough for you to consider us one of the best Upstate New York hotels, then perhaps our food will convince you. We treat you to a delicious multi-course breakfast every morning of your stay (included in the cost), and we also offer an unparalleled farm-to-table dining experience in our beautiful and historic Adirondacks dining room. Our onsite dining makes it easy for you to enjoy your weekend without the hassle of having to decide where to eat or how to get there.
Our Favorite Things to do in Upstate New York
We’ve said several times that there are plenty of things to do in Upstate New York, no matter the season. While fall is a truly spectacular season to enjoy all of the things to do in Upstate New York, there’s also something extraordinary about spring, summer, and even winter. We won’t argue with you if you want to stick around and enjoy the cozy confines of our Upstate New York hotel, but if you do want to be active, we’d love to share with you some of our favorites!
Below, we’ve put together a list of some of our favorite things to do in Upstate New York, all of which can be enjoyed from spring through fall. By winter, the Adirondacks look a bit different but still has plenty to offer – and we have an entirely different list below of our favorite things to do in Upstate New York in the winter.
- Take a boat cruise on Lake George and enjoy the beauty of the Adirondacks from the water.
- Go rail riding with Revolution Rail – it’s a unique and relatively easy journey, and it takes you through some of the best scenery in the Adirondacks.
- Take a Skyride at Gore Mountain! There are also plenty of hiking and mountain biking trails to enjoy here.
- Try some whitewater rafting with Adirondack Adventures.
- Visit local attractions like Natural Stone Bridge & Caves, home to the northeast’s largest natural marble cave entrance.
- Take a scenic drive through the area. It’s beautiful any time of year but particularly magical once fall foliage starts!
- Head to the Adirondack Adventure Center for some tubing, zip lining, and more.
- Get out and do some hiking – it’s one of the top-rated things to do in Upstate New York! If you’re not up for a strenuous hike but still want to spend some therapeutic time among the trees, take a walk on the beautiful private nature trails surrounding our hotel.
- Chasing waterfalls is one of the most magical things to do in the Adirondacks. Read about some of our favorite waterfalls in the Adirondacks.
- Kayak or paddle on the quiet waters found all over the Adirondacks – we’d be happy to help you plan for rentals and day trips!
Winter is magical, with gorgeous natural beauty waiting at every turn in this snow-covered winter wonderland. We’re located just 20 minutes from Gore Mountain Ski Resort, so it’s easy for you to get outside and enjoy some adventure. Here are a few other fun things to do in Upstate New York this winter:
- Explore the winter wonderland known as the Adirondacks on a snowmobile tour with C+C Adirondack Snowmobiling Tours.
- Spend an afternoon snowshoeing or cross-country skiing on our private trails or locally at Oak Mountain, Dynamite Hill Recreation Center and Nature Trail, and Crandall Park, among other places.
- Crandall Park has a pond that freezes over every winter and offers a picturesque place to enjoy this quintessential ice skating, but you can also hit the ice at Dynamite Hill Recreation Area, Lake George, and Gurney Lane Recreation Area.
- Take a romantic sleigh ride at Circle B Ranch.
- Head over to Thunder Mountain Dog Sled Tours or Mike Arnold Sled Rides for a winter adventure you won’t soon forget.
As you can see, there are many ways to enjoy weekend getaways at our Upstate New York hotel. We’re rated as one of the best weekend getaways in Upstate New York for a reason! Book your room at Friends Lake Inn today.