There are plenty of ways to enjoy romantic getaways in the Adirondacks, especially when they occur during the fall, and at our #1-rated Upstate New York Getaway. When it comes to unbeatable romantic getaways in the Adirondacks, you’ll be hard-pressed to find anything better than Friends Lake Inn.
For decades, our boutique hotel in Upstate New York has served as a destination for couples seeking unplugged time together, surrounded by nothing but the tranquil and beautiful natural surroundings the Adirondacks are known for. You don’t need do anything other than get here to enjoy romantic getaways in the Adirondacks – and that is what most couples visiting us choose to do. Some, however, love to get out and explore.
For those guests, we have a broad range of suggestions for how to make the most of your time in the Adirondacks. Given we’re coming up on the dramatic Adirondacks fall foliage season soon, we thought it’d be fun to highlight some of the more romantic and scenic drives you can take in the area. Of course, we’re also happy to direct you to some of the best hikes in the Adirondacks, as well as other great things to do in the Adirondacks.
With a network of private trails just outside our door, too, we offer you the perfect fall retreat for romantic getaways in the Adirondacks! Book your room at our #1-rated Upstate New York Getaway today!
Romantic Roads & Scenic Drives in the Adirondacks
Imagine driving down the scenic, winding roads, where trees are set ablaze in the fiery hues of autumn, with only your sweetheart by your side. Scenic drives are exceedingly romantic, and they are one of our favorite things to recommend to guests enjoying romantic getaways in the Adirondacks – especially in the fall!
Scenic drives afford you and your sweetheart uninterrupted time together. Absorb the breathtaking lakeside vistas, deep, colorful forest roads, winding mountain highways, roaring whitewater rapids, and cascading waterfalls. Stop and gaze at scenic overlooks, snap a few photos for Instagram, and otherwise enjoy the miles of open road stretching before you on the best scenic drives in the Adirondacks. These are the moment’s romantic getaways in the Adirondacks are made for!
You don’t have to look too hard for romantic and scenic drives in the Adirondacks. In fact, just the drive here from New York City is something special, with plenty of great views and scenery to take in along the way. With so many miles of highways here to explore, there’s certainly no shortage of scenic drives. Below, we’ve listed out ten of our favorites you to enjoy during your romantic getaways in the Adirondacks this fall.
- The High Peaks Byway is a “must-do” when it comes to scenic drives in the Adirondacks. It’s the perfect way to spend an afternoon during your romantic getaways in the Adirondacks this fall. You’ll find some of the highest peaks and most picturesque waters, and it’s considered to be one of the best scenic drives in New York.
- Enjoy a stunning 360-degree view from the Prospect Mountain Veteran’s Memorial Highway.
- If you want both mountain and lake views, don’t miss the 24 mile from Indian Lake to Speculator on Route 28/30.
- Though you can take an amazing paddle between Tupper Lake and Long Lake, you can also enjoy the drive between the two. The route follows the famous NY 30 for a fantastic afternoon on the roads.
- Enjoy the scenic 17-mile stretch of the Blue Ridge Road between Hudson and Newcomb. It’s a stunning section of the southern Adirondack High Peaks Region; a perfect addition to romantic getaways in the Adirondacks.
- The Central Adirondack Trail is an exceptional 140-mile route that can be completed by both car and canoe. It starts at Cooper’s Cave Bridge in Glens Falls and continues northwest through the heart of the Adirondacks to Rome, NY.
- The Lakes to Lock Passage near Lake George is another great scenic drive in the Adirondacks, packed with plenty of history, charming cities, rural landscapes, recreational areas, and spectacular amazing scenery.
- The Roosevelt-Marcy Trail Scenic Byway is another great scenic drive to take, especially if you’re into history. It follows the famous ride Teddy Roosevelt took as he came down from his hike on Mount Marcy.
Enjoy the #1 Best Romantic Getaway in the Adirondacks
Scenic drives are just one of the many great things to do in the Adirondacks this fall. You’re welcome to continue the fall exploration outside with the best hikes in the Adirondacks, bike rides, adventures at Revolution Rail, Gore Mountain, the Adirondacks Adventure Center, and so much more.
We can keep you busy – but we know that’s really not why you’re here. Romantic getaways in the Adirondacks are all about getting away from the overscheduled fast pace of everyday life. That’s why we’ve created the beautiful nature-focused sanctuary of Friends Lake Inn. We’re the only upscale boutique hotel in Upstate New York that offers everything you need for romantic getaways in the Adirondacks: great accommodations, access to private nature trails, and farm-to-table dining in our high-end restaurant.
Our romantic hotel is set up to provide you with a welcome respite, surrounded by the incredible beauty of the Adirondacks. If you’re looking for enviable romantic getaways in the Adirondacks, it’s time to book a room at Friends Lake Inn. We’re rated as one of the best Upstate New York Getaways for a reason.