What’s not to love about fall in the stunning Adirondacks? It’s one of the most beautiful parts of Upstate New York and home to some of the best fall foliage in the state. There are so many things to do in Upstate New York throughout the year, but we think fall is a particularly appealing season to carve out time for yourself and to enjoy the best of the Adirondacks.
With so much impressive, untouched wilderness surrounding us, it’s easy to see why the Adirondacks are one of the best places to enjoy fall in Upstate New York. And, of course, when it comes to enjoying fall foliage, there are plenty of ways to do it! Whether you want to keep your days simple and walk on the private nature trails right here at Friends Lake Inn, or you’d rather get out and challenge your cardiovascular system on one of the area’s impressive hikes, there’s no shortage of great things to do in Upstate New York this fall.
The vibrant, multi-hued world of Upstate New York in the fall is waiting for you – and there’s nowhere better to enjoy it than right here at our #1-rated Upstate New York hotel. Staying at Friends Lake Inn offers you an incomparable opportunity to unplug and relax, surrounded by the stunning beauty of the Adirondacks.
Not only will you find unmatched comfort in our guest rooms and exceptional hospitality for the duration of your stay, but you’ll also be treated to delicious farm-to-table dining in our world-class restaurant. There’s a reason that Friends Lake Inn has a long-standing reputation for being the #1 destination for couples seeking relaxation in Upstate New York! Book a room at our Upstate New York Hotel today!
Best Things to do in Upstate New York This Fall
There are plenty of things to do in Upstate New York in the fall – and much of it starts and ends with finding the best fall foliage in Upstate New York. From mountain top hikes to the trees right outside the window of your cozy guest room, you’ll be surrounded by vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges and treated to an unforgettable display of fall hues.
Luckily, there are plenty of things to do in Upstate New York that will get you outside enjoying the beauty of the season up close and personal. We also enjoy a relatively long season of color up here, which means more time for you to explore and absorb the colors thoroughly! The gradual color shift begins on the mountaintops in early September and sticks around, especially down on the lakes, through much of October. Peak season at our hotel tends to be from early to mid-October.
With so many great things to do in Upstate New York, it won’t matter what you do while you’re here, and it will just matter that you’re here. What is particularly special about fall in the Adirondacks is the opportunity to unplug and enjoy nature at its finest. When you feel like venturing beyond the cozy confines of our Upstate New York hotel, here are our favorite ways to enjoy all of the great things to do in Upstate New York this fall!
- Hiking is arguably one of the best things to do in Upstate New York in the fall. We have a list of some of our favorite fall hikes here, but don’t forget about the gorgeous and quiet trails surrounding our Inn. Hiking doesn’t have to be a challenge to be enjoyable!
- Scenic drives are one of the best things to do in Upstate New York in the fall. You can get out and explore, enjoying the splendor of Mother Nature as she changes throughout the season, without having to put out any of the exertion you’d feel on a hike. It’s a win, win!
- Have you ever considered Hot Air Ballooning? Talk about a great way to take in fall splendor from an entirely different vantage point! This is a “must” regarding things to do in Upstate New York this fall!
- How about a bit of wine tasting? Though the Finger Lakes may be a better-known wine-tasting destination, they are also infinitely more crowded. Instead, join us in the Adirondacks for a bit of wine tasting. While you’re there, you’ll enjoy an explosion of color at local vineyards.
- One of the best parts about escaping the city and embracing the laid-back vibe of the Adirondacks is being able to slow down and enjoy things you haven’t done in a while. If you’re looking for some old-fashioned fun, apple picking is one of the best things to do in Upstate New York. Ask us about it while you’re here, and we’ll share some of our favorites!
- About an hour north of us is High Falls Gorge, an epic place to take in the beauty of fall foliage in Upstate New York. The gorge is surrounded by lush, colorful forests, which makes the water tumbling over the falls here even more spectacular.
- For a unique, fun, and beautiful adventure, head for a ride through the hills with Revolution Rail!
- Though we can hardly wait for ski season at Gore Mountain to begin, don’t miss your opportunity to see this gem under the blaze of fiery fall hues! It’s one of our favorite things to do in Upstate New York in the fall – and we think you’ll love it, too!
The Best Upstate New York Hotel
We know there are many fabulous things to do in Upstate New York. We also know that sometimes, while you’re enjoying a romantic weekend getaway with your sweetheart, you want to do nothing but curl up and enjoy the cozy confines of a quiet space together. You can do as much or as little as you want while here.
Our Upstate New York Hotel is the perfect place to unplug and unwind. We offer a broad range of guest rooms to choose from, all uniquely decorated and outfitted with high-end amenities. We even have a secluded cabin for those more intimate and romantic getaways you crave.
When it comes time for dinner, we have that covered, too! No more worrying about making reservations or figuring out where to go, let alone getting in the car and driving there. Our onsite restaurant makes enjoying a great meal during your getaway as easy as possible!
What are you waiting for? Don’t miss your chance to enjoy all the best things to do in Upstate New York this fall. Book your room at our Upstate New York hotel today!