A new year is here, which means an entire year full of adventures and possibilities are waiting to be discovered. Upstate New York, particularly the Adirondacks region, should definitely be on your “must-see” list this year. The Adirondacks is undoubtedly one of the best places to stay in Upstate New York – especially when you choose the upscale accommodations at Friends Lake Inn.
Friends Lake Inn, a small boutique hotel, is considered by many to be one of the best places to stay in Upstate New York. Families and couples have been coming to this boutique hotel for decades. But what is it about this place that makes it one of the best places to stay in Upstate New York? For many, it’s the chance to retreat to a quiet place surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery in the Adirondacks, for an unprecedented opportunity to unplug and relax.
If you are up for an adventure, then there are plenty of opportunities to do just that. Four seasons of adventure can be enjoyed in the Adirondacks, and our hotel in Upstate New York is located right at the center of it. It’s truly the getaway of a lifetime. Don’t you think it’s time you started planning? Relax, unwind, and visit Friends Lake Inn, one of the best places to stay in Upstate New York. Book your room today!
One of the Best Places to Stay in Upstate New York
New York is a pretty big state, the region known as the Adirondacks is by far one of the best places to stay in Upstate New York. There’s so much to do here, whether it’s getting outdoors or spending some quality time with your sweetheart. When it comes to extraordinary lodging in the area, nothing beats the comfortable accommodations and exceptional hospitality of our hotel in Upstate New York.
Friends Lake Inn is located in the charming town of Chestertown, not too far away from the famous Lake George area and Gore Mountain Ski Resort. Even though you have access to some of the top attractions in the Adirondacks from here, we’re far enough away from the crowds to allow you to unplug and enjoy our quiet escape into nature truly. Our hotel in Upstate New York offers guests the perfect blend between rustic and elegant accommodations, set amidst stunning natural surroundings. It’s truly the best of both worlds.
Friends Lake Inn also boasts one of the finest dining experiences in the Adirondacks. Our exceptional farm-to-table restaurant is an exquisite place to dine during your visit to Upstate New York. We offer upscale dining in our Main Dining Room or relaxed and casual fare in our Birch Bistro. Either way, the hassle-free dining experience, not to mention the sheer quality of the food, is just another reason we’re one of the best places to stay in Upstate New York.
Regardless of what you plan to do during the day, each morning here will start with a delicious and hearty breakfast. It’s the perfect fuel for whatever adventure lies ahead. You definitely won’t go hungry here – and this is one of the many reasons our hotel is one of the best places to stay in Upstate New York.
The Best Things to do in Upstate New York in 2022
There are plenty of reasons to consider the Adirondacks one of the best places to stay in Upstate New York. It starts, of course, with the biggest draw to the area, with is the outdoor playground virtually at our doorstep. There are endless hiking and biking trails in Upstate New York, and by winter, these trails are blanketed with snow for an entirely new range of outdoor pursuits.
Depending on when you visit, there are more than enough things to do in Upstate New York to keep you busy and having fun! We’ve broken our list of things to do in Upstate New York by summer activities (which apply to spring, summer, and fall) and winter activities for you snow-loving adventurers. It won’t take you long to see why this area is one of the best places to stay in Upstate New York!
The rugged natural beauty of this area lends itself to summertime exploration, and so there are many options of things to do in Upstate New York. Whatever you choose to do, get ready for plenty of big adventures!
- Hiking is one of the best things to do in Upstate New York, and there’s no shortage of hiking trails to discover.
- Enjoy some of the best mountain biking in Upstate New York.
- Go rail riding with Revolution Rail – it’s a unique and relatively easy journey, and it takes you through some of the best scenery in the Adirondacks.
- Take a Skyride at Gore Mountain! There’s also plenty of hiking and mountain biking trails to enjoy here.
- If you’re really up for an adventure, try whitewater rafting with Adirondack Adventures.
- Visit Natural Stone Bridge & Caves, home to the largest natural marble cave entrance in the northeast.
- Take a scenic drive through the area. It’s beautiful any time of year but particularly magical once fall foliage starts.
- Head to the Adirondack Adventure Center for some tubing, zip-lining, and more.
- Head across the street and kayak on the quiet, calm waters of Friends Lake! It’s much more peaceful than the busier Lake George and a quintessential Adirondacks Experience.
Snow, snow, and more snow! That is what winter in Upstate New York is all about. There are plenty of things to do in the Adirondacks in the winter, and this opportunity for four seasons of fun is what makes this one of the best places to stay in Upstate New York. Here are a few of our favorite things to do in the Adirondacks in the winter:
- Go skiing! The closest ski resort is Gore Mountain, but other nearby locations include West Mountain and Oak Mountain.
- It’s also fun to get out in the wilderness and explore with C+C Adirondack Snowmobiling Tours.
- Enjoy an afternoon of snowshoeing or cross country skiing. In addition to the private trails at Friends Lake Inn, snowshoeing is available at Oak Mountain, Dynamite Hill Recreation Center and Nature Trail, and Crandall Park, among other places.
- How about some old-fashioned ice skating together? Crandall Park has a pond that freezes over every winter. You can also enjoy ice skating at Dynamite Hill Recreation Area, Lake George, and Gurney Lane Recreation Area.
- Go on an old-fashioned sleigh ride! Our friends at Circle B Ranch offer group and private rides.
- Head over to Thunder Mountain Dog Sled Tours or Mike Arnold Sled Rides for a winter adventure you won’t soon forget.
If you’re ready to experience the best place to stay in Upstate New York, then it’s time to start planning. Book your room at one of the best places to stay in Upstate New York today!