Lake George has long been a popular getaway destination in Upstate New York, and there are plenty of things to do near Lake George. Whether you’re looking to spend some time on the water or you want to get up in the mountains for some hiking or biking this summer, you’ll find more adventure than you have time for in the Adirondacks.
While exploring Lake George and having fun in the Adirondacks, you’ll want to stay at the stunning Friends Lake Inn, located just across the street from the quiet waters of Friends Lake, and surrounded by its own network of private nature trails. We’re the only boutique hotel in the area offering a comprehensive Adirondacks experience.
Not only will you enjoy staying in comfort in our comfortable guest rooms, but you’ll have the opportunity to dine at our fine dining restaurant, all while enjoying abundant access to nature – which is the entire reason to getaway to the Adirondacks in the first place! Are you ready to visit? Book your room at our Upscale hotel in the Adirondacks today!
The Best Things to do Near Lake George
With so many great things to do near Lake George, it’s no wonder it’s become such a popular getaway destination in the Adirondacks. The area first became popular when writer William H. Murphy published the books Adventures in the Wilderness; or, Camp-Life in the Adirondacks. The book put the fabled Adirondacks area into the hearts and minds of many a traveler, and it’s been a popular getaway destination in Upstate New York ever since.
Whether you want to spend the day cooling off and playing in the water, or working up a sweat hiking mountain peaks, you certainly aren’t going to run out of things to do near Lake George. Here are just a few of our favorite things to do near Lake George and the surrounding area:
- Take a boat cruise on Lake George itself aboard a historic steamboat.
- Go rail riding with Revolution Rail – it’s a unique and relatively easy journey, and it takes you through some of the best scenery in the Adirondacks.
- Take a skyride at Gore Mountain! There’s also plenty of hiking and mountain biking trails to enjoy here.
- If you’re really up for adventure, things are plenty of things to do near Lake George, including whitewater rafting. Try a guided trip with Adirondack Adventures.
- How about hot air ballooning? It’s one of the most popular things to do near Lake George for a reason!
- Visit Natural Stone Bridge & Caves, which is home to the largest natural marble cave entrance in the northeast. Highlights include old Sawmill Site Waterfalls, Artists’ Gorge, various potholes, along with several caves and hiking trails.
- Take a scenic drive through the area. It’s beautiful any time of year, but particularly magical once fall foliage starts this fall!
- Head to the Adirondack Adventure Center for some tubing, zip lining, and more.
- Head across the street and kayak on the quiet, calm waters of Friends Lake! It’s much more peaceful than the busier Lake George, and a quintessential Adirondacks Experience.
Where to Stay in the Adirondacks
Even with so many great things to do near Lake George, and many options on/near the lake itself, there’s still nothing better than staying at Friends Lake Inn. We’re the only boutique hotel in the area offering a comprehensive Adirondacks experience – which means comfortable accommodations, upscale farm-to-table dining, and private access to nature trails (plus beautiful gardens, ponds, and access to Friends Lake across the street).
A quiet, restful retreat is waiting for you. What are you waiting for? Book your room at our stunning boutique hotel in Upstate New York Today!