The best place for snowmobiles in NY is the Adirondacks with all of the trails, snow-covered forests, and surrounding communities that welcome snowmobilers. Trails that pass through picturesque towns and past frozen rivers make the Adirondacks a premier destination for this exciting outdoor winter sport that you can’t find in many other places. If you are looking for an exhilarating way to experience winter this may be the Adirondacks activity for you!
After a day of winter adventure, let Friends Lake Inn be your retreat for relaxation. At our boutique hotel, you’ll find the mountain getaway of your dreams! With onsite dining experiences, unique rooms to choose from, and access to private hiking, snowshoeing, and biking trails, a stay at our Adirondacks hotel is an experience to remember. Our upscale accommodations create a relaxing ambiance to help you unwind. If you want the best escape to the mountains this winter, book your stay with us today!
The Best Place for Snowmobiling in NY
The Adirondacks are a magical place to visit during the winter months as the area is covered in a blanket of regional lake effect snows. This creates an opportunity for world-class recreation and a chance to appreciate the beauty of the area in a new way. There are endless trails to explore and a fun and unique way to experience these winter trails is on a snowmobile!
Feeling the cool air, seeing gorgeous landscapes, and feeling an adrenaline rush are great reasons to try out this exciting sport. The Adirondacks is a major destination for snowmobiles in NY because of the different opportunities and regions to enjoy the sport. Here are 6 locations that show you why the best place to enjoy snowmobiles in NY is the Adirondacks.
- The Lake George Region in the Adirondacks makes for a great place for snowmobiles in NY. Here you can explore the wilderness through wooded trails that lead to stunning views. Nearby Friends Lake Inn in Chestertown is C+C Adirondack Snowmobile Tours. Tours and rentals are also available on Lake George at Extreme Off-Road Sports.
- Along the Eastern Adirondacks is the pristine Lake Placid Region for snowmobiles in NY. Here you’ll find Adirondack Snowmobile and Farmhouse Snowmobiling, two companies that will take you out for an adventure you won’t soon forget.
- Tughill Plateau Trails offer about 500 miles of groomed trails for snowmobiles in NY. Explore an area that gets on average around 200 inches of snow annually!
- Tupper Lake offers miles of scenic backcountry and well-groomed trails. A great place for snowmobiling in the sensational Adirondack Mountains!
- Saranac Lake is made up of a network of hundreds of miles of trails for snowmobiles that easily reach nearby villages of Lake Placid and Tupper Lake. There are services and attractions along the trail as well.
- Malone offers a diverse landscape of fields, foothills, forests, or the mountains to play in. You can ride to a remote snowmobile restaurant for a fun and unique experience in the Adirondacks.
More Great Things to do in The Adirondacks This Winter
The best place for snowmobiles in NY is the Adirondacks, but this breathtaking area is also a winter playground for other outside pursuits. Here are some more fun and memorable things to do in the Adirondacks this winter.
- Visit Gore Mountain. At this popular alpine ski resort, you’ll find many trails for downhill skiing, cross country skiing, snowboarding, and snowshoeing. A place that is not to be missed on a winter visit to the Adirondacks.
- When Mirror Lake in Lake Placid freezes over, it’s an opportunity to try out some sled dog rides! Thunder Mountain Sled Dog Tours offers this unique opportunity to feel the brisk wind on your face as you zip around on a sled led by a team of dogs.
- On a visit to Dynamite Hill Recreation Area, you’ll find opportunities for skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and ice skating. The best part is that this recreation area is not too far from our Friends Lake Inn in Chestertown,NY.
- At the Natural Stone Bridge and Caves Park there are miles of snowshoe trails available to explore. In the winter this park transforms into an interesting landscape filled with natural sculptures made of ice flows.
- Head out to the Wild Center in Tupper Lake for snowshoeing their forested trails along a winding river. This education center focuses on the natural history of the Adirondacks and is a unique place to check out while you are here.
The Best Adirondack Lodging
Let Friends Lake Inn be your wintertime escape! This incredible spot has been a destination for romantic, fun vacations, getaways, and Adirondacks weddings. The rooms at our boutique hotel are all set up with your ultimate comfort in mind. Each room is unique in decor and amenities that will make your stay memorable. You can choose from many different room styles and appointments. Pick one that will suit your needs for your ultimate vacation.
At our upscale hotel, we also offer varied onsite dining experiences so you don’t have to travel anywhere else! If you are ready for an unforgettable trip to the Adirondacks this winter, book your stay with us today!