The Adirondacks in spring is a welcome sight after a long, dark, and cold winter. As plants, animals, and insects begin to wake up you feel rejuvenated spotting buds on the trees and spring woodland wildflowers like Jack-in-the-pulpit, Witch hobble, and White Trilliums, and Spring Beauty. As snow and ice melt the opportunities to explore outdoors increase. There are wildflowers and waterfalls to rediscover, the return of summer birds, and incredible views can be accessed once again. Spring in the Adirondacks feels like a renewal of the spirit and there are many ways to get out and experience the beauty.
This spring come on out to our beautiful hotel in the Adirondacks for an unforgettable getaway! Located near Chestertown NY, our Adirondacks lodging is the perfect place for relaxation in a peaceful setting. Our elegant and charming rooms reflect the natural and serene beauty of the Adirondacks. Our onsite dining makes it easy to have an exquisite upscale dining experience or a casual bite to eat. After a day of springtime explorations of the area, you’ll come back to a cozy, comfortable, and tranquil space. If you want the best place to escape to in the Adirondacks this spring, book your stay with us today!
Come See The Adirondacks This Spring
It’s time to get outside and breathe in that fresh air! The Adirondacks in spring is a particularly refreshing time of year when the mountains come alive again and the chance to get out and explore should be taken advantage of. There are many ways to experience the beauty of this area from hiking and biking to getting out on a body of water. It’s a great time to use your senses to smell, hear, and see all of the new life that once again is emerging. Here are our favorite 6 ways to experience the beauty of this spectacular place.
- Spring in the Adirondacks means mud season, often referred to as the “5th season” here as snow and ice thaw out along many of the mountain trails. Because of this, there are places that are better to hike than others so your trail won’t be as slippery and squishy. Getting out for a hike is a great way to see trees begin to leaf out, and woodland wildflowers appear. At places like Shelving Rock Falls, Sleeping Beauty Mountain, Pilot Knob Preserve, you can get out to stunning views of the Lake George area and take in the sights of spring.
- There are plenty of places to get the bike out and see a stunning spring landscape in the Adirondacks. A scenic bike ride is a relaxing and invigorating way to cover more distance and see more beautiful sites. Schroon River Road to Schroon Lake is a 20.3-mile beautiful bike path. The Warren County Bikeway is a 9-mile path that leads from Lake George to the Glens Falls region. The scenic North Creek-Thurman path is a 40-mile ride that winds down less populated roads. The Warrensburg-Chestertown Loop travels along the Schroon River for 31.7 miles.
- Getting out on a canoe in the Adirondacks springtime is a fun way to see the landscape from afar as it transitions from winter. Canoeing in the Schroon and Hudson Rivers is a great way to see this unique ecosystem. At Lake George, you can get out on a kayak, canoe, boat, or paddleboard. There are plenty of places to rent if you don’t already have a water vessel.
- You can take in the beauty of the Adirondacks from atop a horse! At Circle B Ranch they offer 1 and 2-hour scenic trail rides starting in May. Rides take you through beautiful forests and mountain views. Try the Picnic Lunch Ride, an all-inclusive ride where a full lunch menu is offered.
- Birding in the Adirondacks in spring is a must-do as many species will be en route to summer locations and migratory birds are on the move. Here you can spot more than 100 species including boreal birds, birds of prey, and waterfowl to name a few. Many Audubon NY Important Bird Areas are located in the Adirondack Park as it is a protected and maintained habitat.
- Days get longer in the spring which means that you can take long scenic drives through the Adirondacks to see gorgeous winding backroads through lush forests. You can explore quiet small towns along the way, get out and stretch your legs for a short walk, and drive to stunning vistas you won’t soon forget. This is a great way to spend a spring day.
The Best Adirondacks Lodging
Our Adirondacks hotel is the best choice for a springtime getaway to one of the most picturesque places in America. Our mountain oasis is a welcome respite for a relaxing vacation. Our accommodations are all different in decor and amenities but all are distinguished and tasteful spaces for your ultimate retreat.
Perhaps you’d like a room with a wood-burning fireplace? Or gas? Would you like a jacuzzi tub and a room with a balcony and a view? You can choose from our 18 different rooms and find the right one that will suit your needs for your perfect vacation. If you want the best place to stay for an Adirondacks getaway and see the beauty of spring in this area, book your room today!