There are so many wonderful things to do in Upstate New York throughout winter. It’s truly a magical season to visit the Adirondacks, with breathtaking beauty awaiting at every turn in these snow-covered landscapes. Our Upstate New York hotel is well-situated for endless adventures in the outdoors, but we make it just as easy for you to spend your weekend curled up in front of the fireplace in our guest rooms.
Our hotel is located a short drive from the Lake George area and ideally situated to enjoy all of the best things to do in Upstate New York this winter. The hotel itself offers 18 upscale guest rooms for you to choose from, with an onsite restaurant for convenient and delicious dinners and private access to nature trails. It will feel like you have an exclusive retreat in nature for the weekend.
Make the most of your getaways to Upstate New York and book a room at Friends Lake Inn today!
10 Amazing Things to do in Upstate New York This Winter
We’re in the midst of a beautiful fall in the Adirondacks, but once the snow begins to fall this winter, the amount of things to do in Upstate New York goes way up! The mountains offer visitors endless possibilities for adventure if you’re up for it, and our cozy hotel provides plenty of relaxation if you’d rather do that.
Whatever it is you want to do on your getaway, you’ll find it here! Remember to pack your boots, hat, gloves, and layers! Here are nine fun wintertime things to do in Upstate New York this winter!
- One of the most popular things to do in Upstate New York during the winter is to go skiing, and there are several great places to do just that in the Adirondacks. The closest ski resort is Gore Mountain, but other nearby locations include West Mountain and Oak Mountain.
- It’s also fun to get out in the wilderness and explore – and you can do precisely that on a snowmobile tour with C+C Adirondack Snowmobiling Tours. They have a range of options suitable for all levels of adventure and experience.
- If something a bit more laidback is more your style, consider spending an afternoon snowshoeing or cross country skiing through the pristine forests up here in Upstate New York. Navigating your way through the quiet mountain forest is one of the most peaceful things to do in Upstate New York this winter. In addition to the private trails at Friends Lake Inn, snowshoeing is available at Oak Mountain, Dynamite Hill Recreation Center and Nature Trail, and Crandall Park, among other places.
- How about some old-fashioned ice skating together? Crandall Park has a pond that freezes over every winter and offers a picturesque place to enjoy this quintessential winter activity. You can also enjoy ice skating at Dynamite Hill Recreation Area, Lake George, and Gurney Lane Recreation Area.
- One of the most romantic of all the things to do in Upstate New York this winter is to go on an old-fashioned sleigh ride! Our friends at Circle B Ranch offer group and private rides through a beautiful winter wonderland.
- If you’re looking for unusual things to do in Upstate New York this winter, we recommend trying your hand at dog sledding! Head over to Thunder Mountain Dog Sled Tours or Mike Arnold Sled Rides for a winter adventure you won’t soon forget.
The Best Upstate New York Getaway
If this list of things to do in Upstate New York this winter has you feeling tired already, don’t worry. We have a remedy for that! Relax and unwind to your heart’s content in our cozy, comfortable, and upscale guest rooms at Friends Lake Inn. We offer 18 gorgeous and elegantly appointed guest rooms to choose from, each of which is unique and reflective of the rustic beauty of the surrounding area.
If you are ready for the ultimate place to relax and rejuvenate this winter, then it’s time to book your room at our Upstate New York hotel today! We won’t judge if you want to hole up in your guest room, read a book, or watch Netflix all weekend. We encourage it! This kind of downtown, after all, is what people come to Upstate New York for!