Adirondack waterfall hikes get you out and into the lush, dense forest lands of this magnificent park. Seeing a waterfall here reminds you of the power of water and that this area wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for this natural wonder cutting away at the land. Many people are drawn to their beauty and the sound of the crashing water on rock. An Adirondack waterfall is a refreshing place to cool off in the summer heat and there are thousands of waterfalls to choose from here!
Let our hotel in the Adirondacks be your ultimate escape this summer! Our upstate New York getaway is ready to welcome you to our casual elegance. We offer 18 guest rooms, each one a little different from the next, reflecting the beauty of the surrounding area. You can choose the room that will make your stay here perfect for you. As you explore the surrounding area you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you have chosen quiet, comfortable, and upscale accommodations to relax and unwind in at the end of the day! If you are ready for the best place for your Adirondacks getaway this summer, book your stay with us today!
The Best Adirondack Waterfall Hikes
Many hiking trails in the Adirondacks can be overcrowded especially those in the High Peaks area and places that have stunning views (and there are many). While it’s nice to get up to a spectacular vista, sometimes it’s fun to explore the natural wonders found in the forest, like waterfalls. There are plenty of Adirondack waterfall hikes to choose from as they are spread out over 6 million acres of the park. Looking for a waterfall is a fun adventure that is sure to be the highlight of your time here! Here are some of the best Adirondack waterfall hikes to take this summer!
- Shelving Rock Falls is an Adirondack waterfall hike where you can hike up a mountain and down to the falls for a 6.3-mile loop good for all skill levels. Here you can discover a beaver dam along the way and end at the lake for a swim!
- The 1.3-mile loop of Auger Falls includes an impressive series of rapids along the Sacandaga River where it rushes through a narrow flume on its way to a gorge. This is not your normal drop waterfall by=ut more of a cascade and no less spectacular!
- Buttermilk Falls is a short .5-mile round-trip hike to this beautiful Adirondack waterfall. The wide falls that cascade down a staircase of rock are on the Raquette River near Long Lake total is around 20 feet in height. This is one of the area’s most popular trails so you may see a few more folks enjoying this place. There are picnic tables along the river so you may want to bring along some lunch or a snack and linger awhile.
- Austin Falls is a long, waterslide-type Adirondack waterfall that has distinctive rock formations that surround the falls. Within 300 yards the water drops 40 feet. Rocks around the falls have been smoothed by erosion, A large rock at the base of the falls hurls water out and into the air like a natural fountain. This is quite a sight to see!
- OK Slip Falls is one of the highest waterfalls in the Adirondacks. In 2014 this hidden gem was accessible to the public for the first time as a trail was made. Since then this hike has become a very popular destination for many. This Adirondack waterfall hike is incredibly scenic. You’ll move through mixed deciduous-coniferous forests and through a wetland area. Be on the lookout as moose are often seen here.
- Death Brook Falls is a short Adirondack waterfall hike with wide, cascading falls. Rainbows are often seen here after heavy rain or in the spring. This is a great place to practice your waterfall photography skills at this picturesque destination.
- Bog River Falls is a two-tiered set of falls near Tupper Lake. Here there is a picturesque stone bridge that spans the river. The first set of falls is split in two by a formation of land and are only about 6-8 feet in height. The second set of falls measure about 30- feet and spill out into Tupper Lake.
The Perfect Upstate New York Lodging
Our Adirondack hotel is ready to welcome you to the beauty and serenity of Upstate New York! Our lodging is the perfect place for a getaway no matter what time of year it is. You’ll find the tranquility you’ve been searching for at our upscale accommodation that is comfortably and exquisitely appointed. You can retreat in your classic and elegant guest room. Each room is different and special in decor and amenities offered but all beautifully reflect the inspiring surroundings of the Adirondacks.
There is no need to go far for an excellent meal as we offer onsite dining in our historic main Adirondack Dining room. If you are looking for something on the more casual side, pop into our Birch Bistro for a bite to eat. Breakfast is included with accommodations and is always made to order.
Let our hotel in the Adirondacks be your destination for the best vacation this summer. If you want the ideal place for your getaway to the Adirondacks this season, book your stay with us today!